When ordering your service, you received the access email with subject "Access information to your web hosting"
It contains the login and password cPanel, essential to configure an FTP connection.
1. Setting up a primary or secondary FTP connection
By FTP with FileZilla / ex software:
Connection type : FTP
Authentication type : normal or explicit FTP
Host name : several possibilities :
1 - ftp.domain.com if your dns have been changed for at least 12-24h
2 - hostname of your server, it is mentioned in URL to login to your cPanel, example : web3.hosting1976.fr
3 - IP of your website that you can find by your cPanel in Zone Editor, then find the value of input A, or by link top right in cPanel : 'Server informations'
port : 21
login : cPanel login OR in the case of secondary FTP accounts, it is the one displayed in 'Configure the FTP' : FTP username
Password : cPanel password OR in the case of secondary FTP accounts, it is the one you entered when creating this account
First connection : when connecting first time : accept the security certificate in the window if it appears, this is normal
- the password above corresponds to that of your cpanel. If you change your cpanel, this one from your FTP will change too.
- in your cpanel, FTP section, special account, there is the same manual configuration data, but also a filezilla automatic configuration script
- you must not touch any of the existing folders of your original account, otherwise it will cause malfunctions, and during backup / restore, we will not restore your account!
2. Create secondary FTP access with all restricted permissions or permissions
In your cPanel, you can create one or more secondary FTP accesses. Files section then FTP accounts
Choose the domain concerned if you want to restrict it to a domain, then fill in the login and password requested
The field 'Directory' corresponds to the access authorization you give:
- if empty, full access like the main FTP cPanel
- if value = public_html, it will be only the main domain of cPanel account
- if value = subdomain.com or domain.com, it will therefore be only the subdomain file named subdomain.com or domain.com, and which is therefore not in the public_html folder
- if value = public_html/subdomain.com, it will be only the subdomain folder named subdomain.com, whose folder is located inside the public_html folder
Create an FTP account
See below the FTP account, go right to click on Configure the FTP client
You get the specific information to access FTP with this FTP account, except the password you must have noted when creating the FTP account :
FTP & explicit FTPS port: 21
cPanel has synchronization and calendar functions, see in your cPanel / section Emails /...
The emails are in different formats depending on the server, and it can be very complicated to...
Phpmail is used to send mainly your order notifications, contact form, and some other mails from...
The first recommendation is obviously never to leave dragging a crude email on your websites, use...
In your cPanel account, go to the 'E-mail' section and click on 'Email account' : Then click on...